One risk faced by Midland construction companies is the loss of equipment on sets. Even when sites are secure, there seems to always be a way for thieves to get in and create a loss. In a recent case, the thief actually took an entire 1300 pound metal fence. Some losses may be covered under the commercial insurance policy, but there could be high deductibles.
Here Are A Few Tips On How To Reduce Theft:
- Have a sign in for all vehicles.
- Have security.
- Complete background checks on all employees.
- The control of keys is essential on a site.
- Keep all equipment locked.
- Mark all equipment.
- Encourage employees not to keep personal equipment on site.
- Post signs that video cameras are located on site.
- Post “keep out/no trespassing” signs.
- Lock all vehicles at night.
- Stamp ID numbers conspicuously on all large equipment and keep records of the ID numbers.
- Complete background checks on all employees
Let the King Insurance Group - Midland, Texas help you understand and protect all of the risks you run and all of the perils your business faces. We will do this with a well thought out and executed business insurance policy designed just for our Contractor Liability Insurance policy holders