Texas Cyber Risks Are Growing
Russian hackers recently stole over 2 billion online names and passwords. Home Depot had millions of customer credit cards stolen. A local restaurant recently had 1200 customer credit card numbers stolen, and finally a medical clinic had a lap top stolen that contained 5,000 patient’s names and confidential information. Every company is at risk for cyber theft and loss.
Texas Cyber Insurance
We can provide your firm with the right combination of pricing and business insurance coverage. Cyber risk insurance is available at very reasonable premiums. Many of our companies offer coverage to help protect your business from loss.
Cyber Risk Prevention for Small Business
Here are some of the latest prevention trends from computer *experts:
- Outsource credit card handling with a reputable vendor.
- Use more complex passwords with a combination of letters, numbers and symbols. Here is an example (MP#09xT28S%).
- Don’t save passwords on your computer.
- Question your internet security at every level, including email. It may be time to encrypt all emails.
- Use the latest security software.
- Do not allow laptops to leave the office without proper security.
- Train your employees on cyber security.
- Do not use an open network.
If you have a standard business policy you may not have the right kind of coverage. Let us work with you to provide the right coverage. Cyber liability coverage (for data breaches) has evolved from just insurance for information technology companies to coverage that nearly every kind of business should have - if they don't already.
Let the King Insurance Group - Midland, Texas, help you understand and protect all of the risks you run and all of the perils your business faces. We will do this with a well thought out and executed business insurance policy designed just for our Commercial Insurance policy holders.