Please keep these safety tips in mind, so that you can enjoy the season without incident:
Shopping Safety Tips
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Don't leave purchased merchandise in your parked car where it can be seen. If you take purchases to your car and then continue shopping, always put your purchases in the trunk.
- Police advise you to remove the GPS unit and if necessary, take it with you. That includes even the suction cup, if that can be removed.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Pay for purchases with checks, credit or debit cards. Carry your cash and wallet in a front pocket to reduce your chances of having your pocket picked.
- NEVER leave car doors unlocked or windows open.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- ALWAYS park in lighted areas. Do NOT park in remote areas.
- Shop with a friend.
- Keep receipts in your wallet or purse.
- As you return to your car, be sure to keep your car keys in your hand.
- If you make expensive purchases like jewelry or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your policy.
- Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.