A recent example has been the Anthem Health data breach; here over 80 million people may have had their personal data compromised. If a large company like Anthem Health can have a cyber-breach, so can your company. See More Here
Cyber Risk Prevention for Small Business
Here are some of the latest prevention trends from computer *experts:
- Outsource credit card handling with a reputable vendor.
- Use more complex passwords with a combination of letters, numbers and symbols. Here is an example (MP#09xT28S%).
- Don’t save passwords on your computer.
- Question your internet security at every level, including email. It may be time to encrypt all emails.
- Use the latest security software.
- Do not allow laptops to leave the office without proper security.
- Train your employees on cyber security.
- Do not use an open network.
If you have a standard business policy you may not have the right kind of coverage. Let us work with you to provide the right coverage. Cyber liability coverage (for data breaches) has evolved from just insurance for information technology companies to coverage that nearly every kind of business should have - if they don't already.